Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Admissions Nurse is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team Member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the territory plan.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
EducationSpecial Instructions to Candidates
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where the VITAS program is located
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in acute or sub-acute care
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) - preferred
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary, hospice, infusion, intensive, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, psychatric