We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely and efficiently maintaining a neat, clean and organized warehouse. To perform responsibilities that will ensure accurate receiving of all deliveries to protect Company assets. To perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of these functions requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Monitor grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness and preparing for next shift (i.e. make bale, reclamation, plastic and pallets).
* Handle damaged or return to stock products according to Company policy, with priority given to refrigerated, perishable items and sell by date.
* Verify all invoices for accuracy involving cost, retail and quantity.
* Complete Wakefern report cards.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to customers.
* Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
* Follow all safety procedures relating to opening cartons, and rotation of product.
* Utilize equipment as required by department.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Grocery operations.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Grocery operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: crane, fulfillment, handler, intern, logistics intern, operator night, operator warehouse, picker, trainee, warehouse engineer